I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the very generous LillianC!
I was away on vacation with no Internet access, so I am a little late in getting back to this but here goes:
First I’m supposed to list 11 facts about myself (when looking into this award, some said you needed as few as 5):
1. I love to read.
2. I love to write.
3. I’m a people person but also need time by myself.
4. I love nature, but really don’t like biting insects even though they seem to love me!
5. I don’t drink coffee but love green tea.
6. I’m a dog and cat person and have one of each.
7. I am a recovering perfectionist but keep falling off the wagon!
8. I used to be a bookseller and as a result all of my bookshelves at home are arranged by topic and alphabetically by author.
9. I love plants and have been known to talk to them. I also listen when they talk back.
10. I like to play video games but never have enough time.
11. I find making a list of facts about myself very hard to do!
Second I need to answer Lillian’s questions:
1. What is your best holiday memory? Seeing the pure joy on my children’s faces on Christmas morning.
2. Do you like to collect a particular something? Thimbles. The collectible kind.
3. What frightens you? Lightning.
4. Which bug do you like best? Butterflies.
5. Who is the person who makes you laugh? I have a group of friends called The Fellowship, who make me laugh all of the time.
6. Where do you go when you need to get away from it all? The woods.
7. What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate.
8. Where would your dream holiday be? Ireland.
9. What is the one talent you wish you had? I wish I could sing.
10. If you could meet three famous people, living or dead, who would you choose? Any of the great spiritual leaders of the world to see if they know what the heck is going on in this crazy world! Any of my favorite authors like J.R.R Tolkien, Shakespeare, Neil Gaiman, Jim Butcher, Sarah Addison Allen etc. I know that’s not exactly three, but I couldn’t decide.
Third I have to nominate other bloggers who have less than 300 followers. Have fun and go explore their blogs! (Again, some of the rules say you need to nominate 11 and others as little as 5. But remember, this is a fun way to introduce new blogs, so do what you can!):
Capers for Canines (and Other Animals)
Heron There & Everywhere
The Sun Hermit
Fourth: Contact the nominees and create 11 new questions for the blogs I nominate.