Hello fellow writers, bloggers and website owners. I love how everyone I have met online has been incredibly helpful and supportive to each other and because of that I would like to get your answers to some questions I have. It concerns copyright, terms and disclosures on blogs and websites, as the title of this post says. I have explored a bit and notice that there is a variety of ways to discuss the use of materials on your sites and other peoples’ sites.
I have seen that some of you have written individual policies and disclosures while others are using things like copyrighted.com and Creative Commons Attribution. Some have a copyright notice stating that all rights are reserved. Many have nothing.
Some of these are more about protecting your own material and some are disclosing that you will use others’ material in a respectful and legal way.
My questions are:
– Is there a need for these things and if so, why?
– Why have you chosen what you have?
– Are some better than others and why?
– Are some more legally smart and what are the risks?
– Are there other sites or ways of doing this that I haven’t found that are helpful?
I would love to hear your opinions of what you use and why. Or why you don’t use any of these things.
Please comment so we can all be better informed. Thank you!